"Before you were conceived I wanted you
Before you were born I loved you
Before you were an hour old I would give my life for you
This is the miracle of life"
Maureen Hawkins
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Special Prayer...




















I have been on bed rest since May 7th. For an active and on the go person, there are times when the days get very long and it seems that time is standing still. To get me through each day, I think about what it will feel like to hear them cry for the first time, imagine what their sweet faces will look like, try to organize (in my mind and with tons of help from Karry) our home to prepare for them and relish the thought of walking in our front door with them! I have had so much encouragement from so many people! I am overly blessed and try to stay focused on that as I am going through this journey!
I go back to the doctor on July 2nd and think that I will know more about the expected delivery date. If they deliver at 35 weeks and 4 days, they will be able to eat on their own! I have 14 days until that time! I think at this point that I will be scheduled for a c-section no later than 36 weeks. If they stay on track with their growth, they should both be around 6lbs each! When I think of carrying even more baby in the Texas heat...well...let's just say that clothes are not appealing to me!!!
I can't believe that I am so close to meeting these little guys and am humbled daily with the gifts that are about to be given to me!
Thank you Charlotte for the special prayer for my little family!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful prayer for your family....I love every word. I wish I was that gifted with words. We are praying for you and the boys every night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuck, Laura, Kirstin and Taylor PerryJuly 1, 2009 at 8:35 AM

    We hope you are well and that the boys grow stronger day by day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I am soo excited for you and we have been keeping you in our DAILY prayers! You are going to make the BEST MOM... and I know you just can't wait to see them and hold them!! :) You are doing sooo good!!! I'm so proud of you, you strong strong mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am adding this prayer to my prayer list - keep the faith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful prayer! Just what you will need to get through! Also know now that they are here and as they grow the hardest things you will ever have to do are to set limits and disclipine them (stick to it). Here is what gets me through with Ian: I realize he was only given to me so that I could prepare him for what God has in store for him and I realize I am raising a man who will one day be someones mate, father, and a changer of the world so I must equip him with the love, skills, and knowledge he will need to perform all those tasks in the most noble way I know how! So through the unsure and scarey moments hold fast to what is right! Much love to you and your family from mine!
    Always,
    MB

    ReplyDelete